Traveling with Pets to Ocean City, Maryland
The pet-friendly hotel staff at The Barefoot Mailman understands the importance of a memorable vacation in Ocean City, MD. As on Ocean City beach hotel, we want all of our guests to have clean, comfortable, affordable accommodations. Our rooms are meticulously cleaned from top to bottom each day. We make sure that your room is fresh and clean before you check in. Our friendly and experienced staff make sure your Ocean City accommodations at The Barefoot Mailman have everything you need for an enjoyable and relaxing stay.
For guests staying in our pet-friendly hotel with a pet, we ask that you acknowledge the following guidelines:
- Responsible pet owners always clean up behind their pets. This is a very important requirement for staying in our ocean city pet friendly hotel. Ocean City, Maryland has a strict “pooper-scooper” law. If you are seen walking your pet without the proper clean-up materials, you will be fined. So that we can continue to allow pets in our accommodations at The Barefoot Mailman, everyone must abide by this Ocean City regulation.
- Pets may stay unattended in your room provided they are not destructive and are quiet. A continuous barking dog or meowing cat is bothersome to our other guests and can not be tolerated.
- Housekeeping will not enter a room with a “pet guest” unless the owner is present. This is for the safety of your pet as well as our staff. Please make arrangements for housekeeping upon your arrival.
- You will be held liable for any damage that may occur by your pet. We take special precautions to make sure pet rooms are free from any pest infestation. Please make sure your pet is pest-free prior to arrival.
- Pets should not and can not be kept in an automobile on Barefoot Mailman Motel property or in Ocean City, MD. Please, while traveling to Ocean City, Maryland with your pet, do not plan to arrive prior to check-in time to avoid a prolonged wait for your accommodations.
- Ocean City, MD ordinance requires all pets to be leashed at all times both on the Barefoot Mailman Motel property and on the Town of Ocean City property. While we are pleased to have an outdoor swimming pool as an amenity for our guests, State Health Department regulations prohibit pets from being in the swimming pool or on the sundeck area.
- Pets are permitted and welcome at Assateague Island National Seashore on Assateague Island as long as they are on a leash no longer than 6 foot.
- Pets are not permitted on the Ocean City beach or boardwalk between May 1st and September 30. There is a professionally landscaped and shaded walk area at our motel.
The Barefoot Mailman offers affordable pet friendly hotel rates. Our pet friendly accommodations sell out quick so make your Ocean City hotel reservations for The Barefoot Mailman Motel early! Check out our Ocean City Hotel Specials and Hot Deals for great rates.